National Convention Centre, Canberra
The venue for the Home Modifications Australia National Conference 2016 is the the National Convention Centre, Canberra. The National Convention Centre is Canberra’s largest, purpose-built functions, meetings and events venue. Unrivalled in facilities, size and scope, the convention centre provides a collection of more than 15 spaces over two floors.
The National Convention Centre is located just 7km from Canberra airport and minutes walk from a range of accommodation options and the city centre, with easy access to a number of Canberra’s attractions.
Canberra will be hosting the Home Modifications Australia National Conference taking place from 28-29 April 2016. Canberra is the Capital City of Australia and is home to the Australian Parliament building. The city is not just a political hub and is also known for its history and art.
What to do?
There is something for everyone in Canberra, whether you are into history, art, politics or culture.
Some local attractions that you can visit in Canberra include:
- Australian Botanic Gardens – www.anbg.gov.au
- Australian War Memorial – www.awm.gov.au
- Canberra CBD – www.canberracentre.com.au
- High Court of Australia – www.hcourt.gov.au
- National Gallery of Australia – www.nga.gov.au
- National Museum – www.nma.gov.au
- National Zoo and Aquarium – www.nationalzoo.com.au
- Old Bus Depot Markets – www.obdm.com.au
- Old Parliament House – www.oph.gov.au
- Parliament House – www.aph.gov.au
- Questacon – www.questacon.edu.au
- Telstra Tower – www.visitcanberra.com.au
For more interesting places to visit while you are staying in Canberra, you can view the Urban Walkabout website where they suggestions on places to eat and see around the city http://www.urbanwalkabout.com/canberra/.